Digital marketing encompasses many moving pieces that work together to generate interest, nurture leads, and close sales. However, it’s important that you know the ins and outs of each digital marketing tactic and how they can help your business if you want to get the most out of your marketing budget. Let’s start with the most common question – what is social media management?
You’re probably familiar with social media channels like Facebookor Twitter. But are you may familiar with how these channels are used to grow your small business? Identifying what is social media management to your business plays an important role in using social channels effectively to grow your reach and influence conversions.
In today’s post, we are going to answer all of the questions running through your head about “What is social media management?” Then, we’ll go into a bit more detail about why social media management is important and discuss how a social media management company can help you see better results with your company’s social campaigns.
What is Social Media Management?
Social media management goes beyond just posting updates to your company’s social media profiles. It also includes engaging with your audience and looking for new opportunities to increase reach and visibility. Here are just a few of the tasks that are involved with managing social media:
Choosing the Right Social Media Management Platforms
Before you can begin putting together a game plan for social media management, you will need to consider what the best social media platforms are for your business. Here’s a brief overview of the different platforms and what benefits they can provide your business:
- Facebook – Facebook has nearly 2.7 billion monthly active users who come from diverse backgrounds. There is also a nice balance of genders and age groups when it comes to Facebook’s user-base. This makes it a great social platform for businesses that are trying to reach a wider audience.
- Instagram – Instagram is a great social media channel for brands that create a lot of visual content. Instagram’s audience tends to be on the younger side with more female users than male users. This can be a great platform for businesses selling products or services related to fashion, lifestyle, art, or other visual-focused industries.
- Twitter – Twitter has 321 million active users worldwide and tends to be where users go for news and trends. This platform is ideal for brands that want to join a conversation about trending topics in their industry. It’s also a great place to share content with influencers and other individuals who might find your brand valuable.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn is the social media platform for B2B brands that are targeting businesses in different industries. With LinkedIn, you can find, interact, and share content with people based on the company type, industry, or job title.
- YouTube – YouTube has become the second largest search engine in the world, second only to Google. You can upload your video content to this channel to help engage and connect with your audience. With unlimited video hosting, your business can post as much video content as you want and share through other channels.